Most mattress stores aren't too sure what to make of us because our mattresses put conventional mattresses into question.
Example: Shopper says "Is natural memory foam better for me?" If the mattress salesperson answers "yes", all the other models in his store are now deemed unhealthy, putting him in a pickle. That's why we chose to open our own Essentia stores.
All memory foam on the market is made with petroleum-based chemicals except for Essentia's natural memory foam. Wanting something healthier, we developed a natural memory foam. It's more expensive to produce but results in a product that sleeps much cooler, is healthier, and more comfortable.
1) Better Sleep - Natural latex foam is firm and rubbery. Other companies will add wool on top to improve comfort but the improvement is negligible. Our natural memory foam is far more pressure relieving than wool.
2) Reduce Dust Mites - Wool is fibrous which makes it an awesome nesting ground for dust mites and other critters. For this reason, it requires maintenance and should be washed on a regular basis just like a wool sweater.
3) Honesty - Wool is used for marketing purposes. Companies will add organic wool for the organic story. They also claim wool is a natural fire retardant which it is, but wool cannot pass fireproofing tests without "assistance". It is always backed with a Fire Retardant.
Health + Comfort
Essentia mattresses are far more comfortable than regular latex mattresses topped with wool. This is why pro athletes choose us when they want the healthiest and most comfortable mattress on the market.
We also test our products for things like VOC's and performance.
In a Nutshell
✓ Our products are natural.
✓ We are the manufacturer. (99% of the industry just assemble components)
✓ We're never satisfied and always improving.
✓ We invented and patented the only natural memory foam in the world.
✓ We invented and patented a molding process, elevating comfort and performance.
✓ Our products deliver comfort like no other and we do it using natural components.
✓ They're ultra high-density which means they'll last. See our 20 year warranty.
Just an example of how passionate we are about quality: Organic cotton covers used by most companies have polyester fill and regular unbleached cotton backing. Not good enough. We traveled to Italy and had machinery re-tooled to handle organic fibers and extra wide fabric. It took 2 years but we created one of the few truly unbleached organic covers out there and it's made with organic dyes as well.
That's why people choose Essentia mattresses because they want the best. Health and comfort without compromise.
It takes 1-4 weeks to adjust to a memory foam mattress.
Yes and No. It's close to 80% less heat sensitive than regular memory foam. Unlike regular memory foam which takes minutes to adjust, our natural memory foam takes seconds. So no matter what your desired room temperature may be, our memory foam will have a consistent feel and adjust to your body and movements quickly. No quicksand-like feel.
The ideal surface for an Essentia mattress is a flat, rigid surface that allows airflow. A slatted bed base or foundation with a flat, rigid and ventilated surface like our Rize Adjustable or Vertebase Foundation is the optimal solution. Slats should be no more than 3 inches apart and must not be flexible.
You'll want to avoid slatted bed base with flexible or bowed slats and box springs (foundations with springs inside) as they interfere with the contouring support and durability our mattresses. A surface like this will void our warranty.
- You will never flip your Essentia mattress.
- You can rotate your mattress once a year.
- If the mattress gets wet, absorb the excess liquid by patting the affected area with a dry cloth before allowing to fully air dry, uncovered.
- The organic cotton cover is machine washable. Please only wash in cold water using a mild eco-friendly detergent. Allow to air dry.
- Do not use bleach or other chemical cleaners on your mattress.
- Mattress should be used on a flat, rigid, breathable surface.
Essentia memory foam is a beast:
✓ 6.25/cubic feet of pressure.
✓ 12.43 mmHg @ 200lbs. Tempur-pedic was measured at 17.7.
✓ Breathes 80% better. (Heat build-up is the most common complaint with memory foam)
We make our foam just outside Montreal, Quebec at our head office.
Health & Sanitary Benefits
- Dust-Mite and Bed Bug Deterrent
- Full pressure distribution
- Superior body support
Have unanswered questions? Ask your questions here.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.